1. Policy on protection of personal information
We will collect and use personal information, such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of the customer in order to conduct our business efficiently. We will acknowledge that it is our crucial responsibility to protect the personal information of customers (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”), and we will handle the personal information in accordance with the following policy to fulfill this responsibility.
(1) We will conform to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations applicable to personal information, comply with common practices concerning the handling of personal information as generally accepted and appropriate.
(2) We make clear of the in-house rules on the handling of personal information and thoroughly familiarize our employees with such rules. We will also ask the real-estate agencies we work with (hereinafter referred to as “information providing company”) to handle personal information appropriately.
(3) We will clarify the purpose of use when collecting personal information and report or publicize such purpose. We will use the personal information within the scope of such purpose of use.
(4) We will implement the necessary measures to appropriately manage the personal information in order to protect it from disclosure, loss, alteration, and other inappropriate use.
(5) We will accept and faithfully respond to the requests of customers at a designated window to disclose, amend, delete and/or discontinue the use of the customers’ personal information possessed by us.
(6) We will discard the person information we possess within six months from the day of acquisition according to our in-house discard standard. Specifically, we will handle the personal information according to the following rules.
2. Purpose of collection and use
In the course of the real estate Internet search service business, we collect personal information as required for the business operation via the Document Request Form on our website and transfer the acquired information to an information service company, but we use the information only for the purpose of providing the document request service as approved by the customer. Please be aware that with the information service companies using our system, we have concluded an agreement prohibiting the use of the personal information acquired through the website for purposes other than as stated herein, but when personal information is collected on the information service company’s website, it is done according to the website’s private policy. Be advised that we may entrust part of our business to entrustees for more efficient services and provide them with the personal information to the extent necessary for the business, and in this case, we will conclude an agreement with the entrustees on the handling of personal information and shall supervise them appropriately.
3. Disclosure and provision of personal information to third parties
Except for the provision of the personal information to the information service company and entrustees as described in the purpose of collection and use above, and in the following cases, we will not disclose nor provide customers’ personal information to any third parties.
(1) When we have the customer’s approval
(2) When disclosing or providing statistics in a form so that an individual cannot be identified or specified
(3) When disclosure or provision of personal information is requested based on laws and regulations
(4) When necessary to protect the person’s life, safety and/or assets and when there is difficulty acquiring customer approval.
(5) When we need to cooperate with administrative authorities and/or local authorities in order to fulfill public duties and when obtaining customer approval may hamper such public responsibilities.
Regarding the personal information we possess, if a customer wishes to disclose such information, after we confirm that the identity of the person requesting the personal information in question, we will respond within a reasonable period and extent.
5. Amendment, deletion, etc.
Regarding the personal information we possess, if a customer wishes to amend, add or delete information, after we confirm that the identity of the person requesting the personal information in question, we will amend, add or delete the information within a reasonable period and extent.
6. Discontinuance of use, deletion
Regarding personal information data we possess, if a customer wishes to stop using or delete information, after we confirm that the identity of the person requesting the personal information in question, we will stop using or delete the information within a reasonable extent. Please be aware that deletion of part or all of such information may block you from using services that customers may request. (Provided that, we may not be able to stop using or delete any information required by related laws and regulations to be kept for a certain period.)
We shall not be liable for the use of personal information by the real estate agency and other parties at the material request destination. Please be aware that such websites at the material request destination that are not under our control or such websites that establish links to our website are outside the scope of this policy.
8. Contact desk
We accept requests from customers as provided in Clauses 4, 5 and 6 and other inquiries in relation to personal information in accordance with the following procedures. Please be aware that we may not be able to respond to any requests for disclosure, amendment, deletion, discontinuance of use, deletion and the like that are made not in accordance with the following procedures.
(1) [Contact procedures] Please make inquiries to our contact desk by telephone, facsimile, postal mail, and/or e-mail.
We will announce the detailed procedures when such inquiry is made. We will reply by document or other measures, after we confirm that the identity of the person requesting the personal information in question or the authorized agent.
<< Contact desk >>
Times Bldg. 4F, 14-5 Kusunoki-cho, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa 220-0003, Japan
Inquiries by telephone would be accepted from 9:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekdays.
<< Confirmation of inquirer/ authorized agent >>
In order to confirm the identity of the person requesting the personal information in question, we will ask the customer to provide us with documents such as the copy of driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, and certificate of seal-impression.
If agents of customers were to make inquiries, we will ask to provide us with letter of proxy, check the certificate of seal-impression for the seal on the proxy, or make confirmation call to the customer.
(2) Fee: When we are requested to send a registered letter in response to a customer’s request for disclosure or the like, he/she must pay 300 yen per response as a fee.